AUTONOMOUS OVERFLOW DETECTOR IN STORM SPILLWAY
Water overflow detector
This detector is mainly used for monitoring storm spillways and sewerage networks. It can also be used for other applications:
- Detection of water in a pool or canal,
- Quantification of overflow times in bottling stations.
We have designed a robust equipment to be installed in a harsh environment and thus reliable by using a patented ultrasonic measurement
A company asks us to develop a more reliable water overflow detector than existing ones
Patented measurement technology to prevent false detections
Ultrasonic measurement for reliable detection
A company in Lyon has asked us to develop and manufacture a liquid detector less sensitive to fouling than those existing on the market.
- The equipment must avoid false detections: only the presence of water
- Installation in harsh environments: water loaded in storm spillways, sewerage networks, …
These constraints are integrated into our solution in order to provide a perfectly adapted answer :
- Implementation of a patented measurement technology which uses ultrasound in order to obtain reliable detection: no bad detection even in the event of fouling of the sensor.
- All sensitive elements are integrated into the device’s housing and are therefore completely protected from external aggressions.
- The composite material housing is IP68 and has hydrodynamic shapes to limit fouling.
- Dimensions: 125 mm x 72 mm x 46 mm.
- The start, duration, and end of the overflow are registered and saved in an internal memory. This information can be read by a supervisor via a RS485 serial link. The sensor also incorporates an open collector output to transmit detection of the overflow signal in real time.
- Robust and waterproof equipment IP68
- Reliable detection
- No other maintenance than replacing the battery.
Download the overflow detector brochure
Send download link to: